Sunday, September 20, 2015

Stop Comparing!

Sometimes it hard to not compare yourself in this social media era. Between Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat sometimes I'm feeling so disconnected with reality. I see all these beautiful girls doing all these amazing things and I compare myself. I wonder why my life can't be as glamours. I can't help but get disappointed about why I'm stuck doing all this laundry when they're traveling to Paris. It's hard when your an adult fighting to survive between bills, work and family. Life can feel overwhelming and I often find myself feeling defeated almost to the point of depression. Luckily for me it never last very long but I'm sure there are many people out there who are not so lucky. I want to share a few quotes that really hit home for me. I'm hoping that just in case your feeling like me it will help.

"You were never created to live depressed, defeated, guilty, condemned, ashamed or unworthy. You were created to victorious." - Joel Osteen

I'll be the first to say that I compare myself constantly to other. Its not very hard when I'm always bombarded with pictures and videos of others. I often find myself pouting wondering why I can't be as pretty as her or worse why I can't be as smart as her. When in reality I'm not seeing how beautiful and smart I really am. I never realized that I'm literally robbing myself of my self confidence.

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Theodore Roosevelt

Basically its telling me what I've been trying to tell myself all along. I need to stop comparing myself and to just enjoy my wonderful life. I take so many things for granted like my family, job, friends even something as simple as my phone. As the Holidays are coming along I'm hoping I can really be more grateful and stop comparing myself. I get to decide what gets written in my story because in the end its my own decision. I'll leave you with one more quote that summarizes it.


"Because when you stop and look around, this life is PRETTY AMAZING." - Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

  1. I love you boo! ♡ And I think you are perfect in every way. I look up to you. You're amazing. And as silly as it sounds.. I find myself comparing my life to yours because it seems glamorous! I love you and I'm always here for you.

    ReplyDelete